Thursday, December 4, 2008

What do you want?

Ever wonder what action your state has taken for Autism Legislature in the past year? By clicking on the link below, you will be able to search for those answers:
http://www.ncsl.org/programs/health/autism.cfm

I have to admit, I was pretty shocked when I looked up my state. The report showed that many items failed and some were vetoed. The last action taken on legislature specific to Autism was in March of this year. At first I was so pissed about this- blindly hateful even. Then I realized- What would I ask for? What am I doing to help it become a reality?

Anger only motivates for so long, until you crash in burn. You have to have a long term source of fuel. I think I found mine.

Little Bug had therapy yesterday and it went really well for the most part. He is having a hard time being all done with an activity or item and seems to be focusing on items that involve proprioceptive input. Other than that, he had a great day. His therapists are recommending that we write new goals for him- as he has met about 75% of his other goals.

He now has 60 words, of which 46 are unprompted. It seems that in speech, we have reached a plateau in acquiring new words, but are still gaining in how many words are unprompted. In sign language, the upward trajectory continues- we are at 111 signs, all of which are unprompted.

No comments: