Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Not sure if this is progress, but it was funny

One of Little Bug's goals is to be able to take off his pants and diaper in order to get ready for potty training. He has been working on this and doing pretty well. He needs help with the zipper and snap on his pants, but can get that diaper off in no time.

Last night we attempted to go to sleep in the usual manner- which means we watched a movie together on the couch. When that didn't work, we tried going to the bedroom and laying down. I rolled over on my side so that I wasn't facing him. If he sees that you are awake, it becomes comedy hour.

I was almost asleep when he kicked me and cried, "Help Daee!" I rolled over and noticed there was something wrong with his sleeper. I tried to zip it up and it was stuck. But then I realized, it shouldn't be unzipped and unsnapped.

I called for Nick and he came in and turned on the light. I wish we had taken a picture. Little Bug had unzipped his sleeper down to his knee. He then attempted to pull it off his shoulders and got the top of it stuck at his elbows. Apparently, he gave up on that and tried to take off his diaper but could only get it un-taped.

So mental picture for you- he was standing in the middle of the with his sleeper zipped open to his knee- one leg halfway exposed and the other completely covered. His belly, shoulders, and chest were exposed, but his arms were pinned to his sides by his sleeper. His diaper was bulging in the back and hanging out the front. I laughed so hard I cried.

This is one of those moments that I wish I could ask him some questions. WHY? What were you hoping to accomplish?

On the bright side from the bed's and parents' perspective, at least he got caught. It could have been worse. He could have succeeded. Then we would have been in trouble as I am unsure if Nick would have noticed his lack of pajamas when he came to bed.

No comments: