Thursday, November 13, 2008

I heart NutriPals

Little Bug did not eat much again yesterday- 3 or 4 bites of cereal, 2 bites of spaghetti, and his handful size of fries. That's it for the whole day. DN and I are getting really stressed about this and are going to make a doctor's appointment and also talk to his OT.

I called my wonderful Grandma in an absolute tizzy over this. Her idea was Ensure. It has vitamins and minerals, and should taste okay. So off we went to the store. We bought NutriPals, which is basically the little kid version of Ensure. When we got home, I asked Little Bug if he wanted a milkshake- YUP! was his response and he ran to the couch. Sure enough, I gave it to him and he drank the entire thing in one LONG slurp.

After that his mood changed- he became less destructive and argumentative. The meltdowns over every little thing stopped. I don't know if what is going on is related to ASD, SID, or something else. Or maybe nothing at all. But, I was happy to have my Little Bug back. He probably won't be so happy once we go to the doctor's- oh well.

1 comment:

Life on Pause said...

Yay that he's doing better!!