Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Seriously hair raising

So last night, Nick and I apparently lost our minds because we decided to do our twice a year hair cut for Little Bug. I remember now why it is only twice a year.

Even before a single hair on his head was cut, the screaming began. Nick tried to distract him with some sea life, however, that can only do so much. I began to wet his hair down in order to cut it and he began to gag himself.

Once I began to try to cut his hair, he began to shake his head as fast as he could while pinching and biting himself.

Amazingly, he still has both of his ears and eyes and not a scratch on him. His hair is even- how that happened I don't know. Nick and I both needed a break and half a beer in order to bring the nerves back down.

Once he was done getting his hair cut- or if you were walking by my house, tortured and then murdered slowly- he took a bath and was absolutely fine.

I wish there was a way to make this better. I have tried cutting his hair with and without clothes on. With hot and cold water. None of it matters. While I understand that I could pay someone to do this, I can only imagine how traumatizing that would be to them and Little Bug.

No comments: