Wednesday, September 24, 2008

One step forward, Two steps back

So the wonderful speech therapist our FRC found is not covered by our insurance and we simply cannot afford to pay for it out of pocket. It breaks my heart that Little Bug's learning is based on how much we make.

Someone suggested that we look into Disability for Little Bug to cover the cost of therapy. We did their online survey and we make too much money. Talk about a rock and a hard place. I imagine this is the theme for a lot of families dealing with Autism.

We received his goals for Play Therapy and they are quite lofty. It makes my heart race to think how we are going to help him accomplish this. He is a brilliant kid and I know that he can do it.

1 comment:

Life on Pause said...

I'm so sorry you guys are stuck there. I'm sure you'll think of soemthing though. You both are amazing! parents. Little Bug is lucky to have you.