Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Holy Soap Bubbles Batman!

Dear Little Bug,

I hope that when you can read, you read these posts and know how much we love you. I also hope you can explain some things so that we can better understand each other.

For example, last night you stole a bar of my beloved sandalwood soap from the bathroom while I was making dinner. You then proceeded to eat the bar of soap while sitting in your tent. Yes I checked in on you several times, but with your super stealth ninja skills, somehow hid the fact that you were *eating a bar of soap*.

You then came into the kitchen and proceeded to foam soap bubbles and vomit more soap bubbles. Now, hopefully, we can all look back on this and laugh. But for now, all I have is why? Why did you eat it?

I wish I could understand what you are thinking. I want to understand why you ate a whole bar of soap. I want to know why you began looking for more soap to consume after taking a bath to get rid of all the soap bubbles and vomit from the first bar of soap. I want to know why you signed "more eat" and pointed to the shampoo. It doesn't taste good! Believe, I know, having my potty mouth has landed me in the corner many times with a bar of soap in my mouth. Didn't learn not to swear, but did learn this: soap=vile.

Trust us that we do not withhold soap because we are evil, villainous parents- we do it because it is not good for you and makes you throw up.

Love,

Daddy Blake

P.S. What does FOOT BUTT FISH mean? You rolled over and told me this again for the second night in a row. I love you, kid- you make my heart happy and every day an adventure. I wouldn't change a thing.

2 comments:

DaddyN said...

I too was shocked and in a state of wonder as I sat at the desk at work hearing this story told to me over the phone. Wondering for most of the evening, Does sandalwood soap really taste that good? What would posses him to eat an entire bar?
I too have had the awful job of sitting there with a bar of soap in my mouth on more than one occasion in my younger years, and detesting every second!!!!!
I long for the day when I can sit down with Little Bug and ask him the seemingly endless list of "Whys"

Life on Pause said...

Aww...It sounds like you guys have your hands full. Little Bug is so lucky to have you as parents.