Tuesday, February 23, 2010

“I mean it”, says Little Bug

Yesterday we went to Ikea and I had to change Little Bug’s diaper. On the way to the bathrooms, there is a play land. At this play land, there are no parents allowed and no diapers. Little Bug kicks up dust every time we go as he desperately wants to play at the play land. I took him to the sign and explained that you have to be all done diapers to play.

He looked at me and said, “I am all done diapers.”

I explained that if he was ready, we can try again when we get to home. We can put on his “pants” (underwear) and he can work on telling us that he needs to go to the potty.

He crossed his arms and said, “No- I am all done diapers.”

When we got home, he looked at the picture of the play land in the catalog. He took off his diaper and put on training pants.

Needless to say, we are going to be doing a ton of laundry- we couldn’t be happier and prouder to do it. He is working so hard. He often pees in his pants and then we walk him to the potty and have him sit on it while we wipe him up and get fresh pants. Nine times out of ten, he pees on the potty as well.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Go for it, little Bug!!!