Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dare I say it?

Little Bug got a new big boy bed last night courtesy of the Nas-Nas. He was so excited that he shook. He ran around telling us about his big boy bed- BROWN! BIG! Yeena's!

After Nick and I got it put together- which for an Ikea piece of furniture involved very little cursing or yelling- Little Bug immediately scrambled up on to it.

He demanded sheets, which we didn't have for a twin. I managed to oragami style make the bed with a queen sheet. He asked for his pillow, a minky- that's binky to you, and a milkshake (that is what he calls his milk. It gets him to drink it, so really, I am not going to be too specific.)

He wanted to lay down in it and go to sleep. He was pretty miffed that I wasn't going to sleep with him. Yells for Daddy BAKE echoed for a while. He finally quieted down and then came back to our bed.

It seems as though we won't be co-sleeping too much longer. He is becoming more independent every day.

He has begun to sit and pee on the potty- of his volition. He has, in fact, earned two potty reweards.

He can now take most of his clothes- damn those shirts- off by himself. He can also put his pants, little swimmers, and socks and shoes on by himself.

I know that most people are excited when their kids can do these things. For the most part I am. I have to admit that with school coming in the fall and these independent actions, I feel a little lost. Little Bug has been so dependent on us for so much longer than most kids, that these bursts of independence leave me feeling a little lost.

No comments: