Friday, February 13, 2009

Oh, how I love you...

Mr. White Noise Machine. You came into our home and have done something we couldn't- you helped Little Bug to sleep through the night consistently for the past four nights. Oh, and you helped the dog sleep through the night too! If you need anything- new batteries, a dusting, anything short of a night off, I'm your man!

Seriously though, I love our white noise machine. It's a truly simple solution- a $15.99 Homedics no clock 6 sound noise machine. It offers heart beat, ocean, rain, jungle, summer days, and something that sounds like zoo animals on speed. Little Bug has been very happy with it. He asked for it to be turned on when he laid down last night. He watched his movie, fell asleep, and barely woke up when they took me to the bus stop.

Hopefully, this is our sleep breakthrough. Little Bug hasn't slept through the night yet, so this is two and half years in the making. Granted, he has gotten past the point of needing a bottle every two hours, but it is still disruptive to your sleep to have a little guy sit up every two hours and whisper, "Hi Da. Da? Da? Hi Da." Until you roll over, make him lay down and say, "Hello Little Bug, now go to sleep." He does, but somehow he needed to say hello every two hours and be talked to.

Here's hoping that our love affair with Mr. White Noise Machine continues as it has been the best honeymoon period ever- lots of happiness and sweet, sweet, sleep.

2 comments:

Life on Pause said...

YAY!!

I'm so happy for you guys!

Kristy said...

I had one of those deals after my dad died. I couldn't fall asleep for the life of me,and this saved my sanity. The "zoo animals on speed" is the sound you'd hear if you hung out in Montesano at night. It's that cricket chirping sound. I used to open my window at night to let fresh air in and then turned that sound on. Reminded me of home. Nick knows!!!